CAWS "R" Us
March 29, 2024, 03:02:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Vince Russo is destroying TNA.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vince Russo is destroying TNA.  (Read 277 times)
Eugo
Starter

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: January 01, 2008, 09:55:23 am »

Ever since Vince Russo came to TNA, the quality has bene going down in the show, the stories have been so incomprehendable you almost have to write things down every show to remember what happened the next week, and old talentless wrestlers have been pushed, while the good ones are either being wasted (Christopher Daniels fake firing), or being given stupid ass gimmicks (Chris Harris's whiny **** character, Samoa Joe's fake shoot). I honestly think he should be fired, he ran WCW and the CD Warehouse into the ground, and it's CLEAR he's going to do the same to TNA.

Everyone is impressed by the fact that through it all TNA has remained a 1.0. But think about it people. TNA was getting 1.0 when it was in the crappy time slot and had one hour. It's since got an extra hour, gone to primetime, and picked up Vince Russo. For almost any other company an extra hour and a move to primetime television would mean a big ratings increase.

Anyways, I've been flat out disgusted and confused by Vince Russo's backwards booking and I was just wondering for everyones opinion on him.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

slamdown
Starter

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 09:30:51 pm »

I hate Vince Russo, he's an arrogant **** who ruins good companies.
Report Spam   Logged

TheWho87
Cosmic Hobo
Administrator
Enthusiast

CAW System: PS3

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 11:39:06 pm »

you do know TNA have more than Russo on their writing and booking team?

the current guys on the team are

Abyss
Jeremy Borash
Dutch Mantel
Vince Russo
Mike Tenay

now im not saying its not Russo all im saying is their is more than him making up these ideas so to souley blame him for these things is stupid
Report Spam   Logged

Eugo
Starter

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 05:58:46 am »

True but Vince Russo is the head writer, meaning he is the filter that all the stories go through and are approved by. Plus when you look at his past and look at what he likes, for example, stuff on a pole, 'your fired' matches, last minute swerves, ect, and so on... Plus look at the TNA script that was leaked not so long ago, Vince Russo's name is all over the big storylines, and the stupid storylines. It's ridiculous.

Though I'm sure having that big of a writing team with conflicting opinions, and an idiot at the helm doesn't help at all. I hear Abyss likes the '****' matches, while Mantel hates them and prefers classic heel vs. babyface, and Jarrett, well Jarrett is all about Jarrett (you forgot him on the list), and Russo is all about really dramatic ****.
Report Spam   Logged
TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

CAW System: PS3

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 07:30:16 am »

i havent watched TNA in a while so im not sure whats going on there but i thought he did good running WCW
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: John Marston - Read Dead Redemption
As long as there are guns and money, there won't be no peace.
Eugo
Starter

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 10:02:27 am »

Obviously you don't know much about WCW then dude. He ran it directly into the ground, the stupid decisions that were made are baffling. I can see people making the argument for the WWF, but WCW? Not a chance, he ruined that place.
Report Spam   Logged
The Stig (KoA)
Starter

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 10:26:37 am »

I don't rate Russo as any good, but you have to remember that he was a big player in the Attitude Era, which was WWE's pinnacle, and which they won't reach again.

As for TNA though, I agree. Some of his decisions have been total bollocks. Take that Last Rites match last year, and the Electrified Cage...Both total wank. Well, the cage match more than the Last Rites...That wasn't to bad.
Report Spam   Logged
Jinky
Starter

Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 05:23:55 pm »

I don't rate Russo as any good, but you have to remember that he was a big player in the Attitude Era, which was WWE's pinnacle, and which they won't reach again.

As for TNA though, I agree. Some of his decisions have been total bollocks. Take that Last Rites match last year, and the Electrified Cage...Both total wank. Well, the cage match more than the Last Rites...That wasn't to bad.

I've heard his part in the Attitude era is overstated.

And Even though some **** at about TNA Is stupid. I Actually Quite Enjoyed The Joe Shoot
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Affliates
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum