CAWS "R" Us
March 29, 2024, 05:15:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Movie Reviews

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie Reviews  (Read 143 times)
Eugo
Starter

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:01:33 am »

You can post your movie reviews here for everyone to read, and I will try make a link if I figure out how. But yeah, recent movies, past movies, whatever.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

CAW System: PS3

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 11:09:15 am »

my first reviews, yay! lol

Movie: Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End (POTC 3) [2007]

The beginning started out with a song and i continued to watch, hoping that it wouldn't turn into another Disney musical. It has the same characters as the original with a few new ones.There was some good comedy involving Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp). The storyline was good and overall i thought it turned out to be a great movie.

Rating: 8/10 (worth buying)

---------------------------------------

Movie: The Crow [1994]
With an awesome cast starring Brandon Lee, Michael Wincott, David Patrick Kelly, and more this turned out to be one hell of a movie. Although it didn't follow the exact storyline of the comic that James O'Barr wrote, it was similar and still turned out to be a great movie. Brandon Lee play Eric Draven, a  man brutally murdered who, with the help of a crow, comes back to life as an undead avenger, to put the wrong things right, and get revenge on those who murdered him and his fiancée. It's too bad this was Brandon Lee's last movie, as he died while filming it.

Rating: 9.5/10 (must see)
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: John Marston - Read Dead Redemption
As long as there are guns and money, there won't be no peace.
Ultima Judgement
Rookie

Its true its me

Combination Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 01:26:53 am »

Gridiorn Gang

Football, gangs, death, prison, and The Rock. Combine all those elements and you get a great sports/drama named Gridiorn Gang.
   Gridiorn Gang is based on a true story about a select number of juvies in a correctional facilty that start a football team. It all starts with Sean Porter(Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson; Walking Tall, WWE Superstar), a probation officer, who is tired of seeing kids leave there and ending up back in prison or in the morgue. So him and another probation officer,Malcolm Moore (Xzibit; 8 Mile, Pimp My Ride), Decide to try the impossible and start a football team that will compeate with other high schools to show the kids that they can do somthing with there lives.
   The Rock seems to be becoming more of a great actor each time I see him. His first movie The Mummy Returns, there was alot of hype for no reason when he was in the movie for about 10 min. max. Then he did a prequal, The Scorpion King, which in my opinion sucked more than The WWE's story lines. Then he came out with The Rundown and Walking Tall that were actualy pretty good. A few more later and you end up here in Gridiorn Gang that is by far his best acting job since he was WWE Champion. I think we can all agree he has come a long way since his tight-wearing days.
   Most of the kids were all pretty good actors too, not the best but good non the less. Xzibit did a pretty decent job for not having to many lines and stayed away from being a gangter rapper and showed some pretty impressive acting.
   Now there were some bad areas in the movie, but none big enough to realy change the feel for the movie. This movie does have some times  that were pretty sad and could make a few feel that tear coming up, but nothing that will totally get you. And there are some areas of comic releif so its not all serious through out the movie.
   Now lets get to the football scenes in the movie. The practice scenes are great in the movie. There is a particular scene that is one of the coolest moments I have ever seen in a football movie were Porter make the Running Back try to knock him down. It doesnt sound like much but you would have to see it to know what I'm saying, and I dont want to give it away. The games were pretty good too with some big tackle moments that we all love.
   I'll admit it, the first time I saw a preview for this movie, the first words out of my mouth were "Oh no, Not another prison football movie".  But I ended up eating my words when I left the theater. So this weekend if your bored go see Gridiorn Gang. And hey, if you dont like it, your only out $6.50.

9/10
Pros: Football movie and The Rock, what else can you ask for.
Cons: A few unrealistic hits, a few lame moments in storyline
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Affliates
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum