CAWS "R" Us
April 18, 2024, 11:25:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Staff List Login Register  

March movie of the month *THE WARRIORS*

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: March movie of the month *THE WARRIORS*  (Read 256 times)
Eddict316
CrU F.R.I.E.N.D.
Global Moderator
Enthusiast

lets put a smile on that face!

Badges: (View All)
Apple User Combination Topic Starter
« on: March 22, 2008, 03:49:11 pm »

March movie of the month *THE WARRIORS*

synopsis:SPOILERS
[spoiler]Cyrus (Roger Hill), the leader of the most powerful gang in New York City, the Gramercy Riffs, calls a midnight summit for all the area gangs, with all asked to send nine unarmed representatives for the conclave. The Warriors, a gang based in Coney Island, Brooklyn, is one such gang.

The eloquent and intelligent Cyrus tells the assembled gangs that a citywide truce is needed, and that the gangs can control the city, pointing out there are 60,000 of them and only 20,000 officers in the NYPD. The majority of the gangs cheer Cyrus' ideas, but during his speech one gang passes a gun to their leader, and he kills Cyrus. Panic ensues. The murderer - revealed to be Luther (David Patrick Kelly) of the Rogues gang - screams that the Warriors are responsible for killing Cyrus. While the Riffs beat Cleon (Dorsey Wright), the leader of the Warriors, to death, and the police arrive to break up the gathering, the other eight Warriors escape the melee and debate what to do, not knowing they are being held responsible for the death of Cyrus. Meanwhile, the other gangs, all based in Manhattan, regroup at their respective headquarters. Masai, second-in-command of the Riffs, takes charge as their new leader, and declares a bounty on the Warriors. This sets the entire city's gang population out hunting for them.

The Warriors begin their long journey from the Bronx back to Coney Island. The second-in-command, Swan (Michael Beck), takes charge, though the hot-headed Ajax (James Remar) openly voices his desire to be acting gang warlord. The Warriors slowly cross the dangerous Bronx and Manhattan territories, narrowly escaping police and other gangs every step of the way. In the Bronx, they come across Mercy (Deborah Van Valkenburgh), a feisty girl who quickly becomes attracted to Swan and follows them. When the Warriors get separated from one another in Manhattan, three Warriors are seduced by members of a female gang called the Lizzies. Back at the Lizzies' apartment, the women draw weapons to kill the Warriors, but the men narrowly escape again, learning in the process that everyone believes they killed Cyrus. During the night, gang member Fox is killed in a scuffle with police, while Ajax is arrested by an undercover police officer (played by a then-unknown Mercedes Ruehl) and taken to jail.

Meanwhile, the Riffs are visited by a disgruntled Rogues member who was at the conclave - the only witness to Luther firing the gun. The Riffs realize the Warriors are innocent, and they head to Coney Island. When day breaks, the Warriors finally return home but quickly have more trouble, as Luther and the Rogues are waiting for them. The two gangs meet on the beach, where Swan suggests he and Luther fight a one-on-one duel. Luther pulls a gun, but Swan quickly throws a knife into Luther's wrist, disarming him. Before more violence has a chance to happen, the Riffs mass on the beach and acknowledge they have learned the truth of Cyrus's murder. The Riffs' new leader compliments the remaining Warriors and lets them go. As the Riffs swarm on the Rogues, the Warriors head off down the shore.
from wikipedia
______________________________________________________________________________________
runner ups-
Spider-Man     
The Transformers
Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 05:38:27 pm by eddict316 » Report Spam   Logged

formerOrangeteer

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BigRog
The Voice of God
Enthusiast

Roger Draven-"The Crow"-In memory of Brandon Lee

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 04:31:33 pm »

Baseball Furies GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

To quote Sirus,
"Can You Dig It?"
Report Spam   Logged

LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

CAW System: 360

Nadie aqui tiene Cojones eso incluyen las mujeres!

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 06:35:06 pm »

5 Stars*****

This movie means alot. Takes me back in time...the graff...the subways...

WAAAAARRRRIOOOORS! COME OUT TO PLAAAAAAY!

Masai: You Warriors are good, real good.

Swan: The Best...

Cue in THE EAGLES : In The City!

Fade out beach walking....

Fooking AWESOME!!

Warriors vs Furies
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 06:38:03 pm by LUCAWSMADE » Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:
Get It...Or Lose Your Crusty Pinky Toe!

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

CAW System: PS3

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 07:29:30 pm »

They outnumber the cops five to one

lol
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: John Marston - Read Dead Redemption
As long as there are guns and money, there won't be no peace.
LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 01:19:37 pm »

Quote from: Cleon
It's still on, and we're going. Cyrus sent an emissary this afternoon to make sure. Cyrus don't want anybody packed or anybody flexing any muscle. So I gave him my word that the Warriors would uphold the truce. Everybody says that Cyrus is the one and only. I think we'd better go have a look for ourself.

Warriors Trivia...

Did you know that Deborah Van Valkenburgh (Mercy) broke her arm while filming this move and that why she appears in later scenes with a jacket that she said she stole...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:22:58 pm by LUCAWSMADE » Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:

Eddict316
CrU F.R.I.E.N.D.
Global Moderator
Enthusiast

lets put a smile on that face!

Apple User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 03:36:48 pm »

looks like warriors is to mr.luk as dark knight is 2 me
Report Spam   Logged

formerOrangeteer
LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 03:16:00 am »

Quote from: Deleted Scene from The Warriors

Cleon: I know that a lot of you aren't too happy about going out on patrol. Just just remember this, out of a street family of 120, plus affiliates, you were chosen for this expedition. That makes you special. Now, here's the line up: Swan, second-in-command, war chief, stay by me. Snowball, you're the music man. Cowboy: soldier of the middle. Vermin, you're the bear. You carry the tokens and the bread. Rembrandt, you got the stuff? I want you to hit everything in the city. I want the people to know that the Warriors were there.

Ajax: That'll just slow us down.

Cleon: Ajax, you're just soldier. Try and keep your mouth shut! Fox: scout and memory man. Run ahead and tell us all we need to know. Cochise, you're with Ajax, soldier of the middle; heavy mother. Now just remember this, there's a truce on. So, don't go around flexing any muscle unless I give the order. Okay? Let's roll!

Yes sir E. I've been a fan since seeing it in the movies when it first came out...

About The Deleted Scenes. I never knew of the deleted scenes in the movie. It was in the early 80's (high school daze) when the movie started showing on regular TV and fans who knew the movie saw a different opening, daytime, in Coney Island before heading up to the big meeting. I saw it in the theaters when it premiered (many times)...battled with protesters who tried to block the movie from being played...meh...idiots...

8 Mins of Deleted Scenes

« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:38:52 am by LUCAWSMADE » Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

CAW System: PS3

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 03:38:44 am »

Can you dig it?
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: John Marston - Read Dead Redemption
As long as there are guns and money, there won't be no peace.
Furious
The Blue Meanie
Global Moderator
Enthusiast

SUPERBOWL MVP!

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 04:29:43 pm »

its good but after u see it couple of times  Cry

question for Warrior Elite Lu: did they film the bronx scene up in the bronx Huh?

i give it 4/5
Report Spam   Logged

lucasmade it.  thank u! 

NEW to BLUEi miss my BIG ROG!
LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 01:28:25 am »

Nah...it was filmed up on the Upper West Side of NYC.
Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Affliates
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum