CAWS "R" Us
March 28, 2024, 01:08:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Stupid News 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid News 2  (Read 173 times)
TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

CAW System: PS3

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: April 11, 2008, 03:25:31 am »

Quote from: Man Finds $140,000 In The Street
It was a tempting sight for struggling landscaper Eli Estrada: a bag filled with $140,000 on a Cerritos street.

There was his credit card debt, upcoming wedding and making ends meet with his artificial grass and landscaping business.

But turning it over to Long Beach police last month was the right thing to do, he said.

The 40-year-old Estrada admits that some days "I think I was nuts," but he adds, "I know in my gut that to keep that money would be wrong."

The Bank of America money bag was lost March 11 by Brinks Armored truck drivers. The unmarked $20 bills were bundled into wads of $20,000 and bound for ATMs.

Long Beach police Sgt. Dina Zapalski said Estrada handed over the money bag to an officer who took a report at one of the landscaper's job sites.

Zapalski said she had never heard of someone turning in so much cash.

"I've had people come to me with purses and wallets with cash in it and they'll turn it in," Zapalski told the Los Angeles Times. "But not like this."

Brinks later gave him a $2,000 reward.

"They should have given him 10 percent," Estrada's mother told the Times.
Quote from:  Call Out The Dead
It's something CBS 2 HD has never seen before, and you probably haven't either.

There's a headstone in a cemetery with more information on it than you'd think you'd need.

Tucked away in a cemetery in Paramus you will find the gravesite and headstone of 60-year-old, former Manhattan attorney John Jacobs, along with something else – his cell phone number.

"I wanted to have a way to remember him," said Marion Seltzer, John's wife of 21 years.

And after dialing the number, the phone service is still working.

"Hi, you've reached the voice mail of John Jacobs ... After you hear the beep leave a message and I'll return the call," is the message.

Of course that would be truly amazing ... since John's been gone since 2005.

"That's a little unusual," Seltzer said. "It is ... but so was my husband."

Seltzer says the phone on the stone was her idea, that it helps her stay close to John.

When asked if she still calls him, Seltzer said, "I call him now. I do call him. If I'm happy, if I'm sad...

"And I believe there are probably a lot of people who were very close to him who periodically call him."

Throughout his career as a criminal defense lawyer, the outgoing and larger-than-life Jacobs represented high-profile defendants such as mob boss "Fat Tony" Salerno.

Jacobs' cell phone constantly rings. It's inundated with calls, so Seltzer says why stop now?

"He would love this," she said. "He liked attention."

In the 2 ½ years since John died from pancreatic cancer Seltzer says she has no idea how many people have called him, or what they have said.

"I don't have his pin number ... I have no idea," she said. "I've never heard a message."

She says John was buried with his cell phone, the battery fully charged, of course, making Jacobs perhaps the only lawyer in the world who wanted to hear from his clients 24/7 … for all of eternity.

So once a month Seltzer pays the $60 cell phone bill and keeps her husband alive in her heart.
Quote from:  Woman Cleans Police Station, Ends Up Arrested
The Oregon State Police arrest drunken drivers on the road every day. But it's not often when the drivers show up drunk at a state police office.

Troopers charged Ruby Ann Pederson, 42, of Newport with driving under the influence of intoxicants after she came to work to clean the state police office.

A trooper said she showed signs of being intoxicated after driving to the office with her 12-year-old son. A blood-alcohol test showed her level was 0.19 percent — more than twice the legal limit.

She was also charged with recklessly endangering another person.

that last one would be funny calling in the next day lol. Hi boss, i can't make it in, i got arrested. lmao

Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: John Marston - Read Dead Redemption
As long as there are guns and money, there won't be no peace.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

CAW System: 360

Nadie aqui tiene Cojones eso incluyen las mujeres!

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 03:35:39 am »

LMFAO Grin

I guess she could not BS them with some other excuse....the things stupid people do...
Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:
Get It...Or Lose Your Crusty Pinky Toe!

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

CAW System: PS3

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 03:38:00 am »

guy 1: wheres the cleaning lady?
guy 2: check cell 4...

lmao
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: John Marston - Read Dead Redemption
As long as there are guns and money, there won't be no peace.
Eddict316
CrU F.R.I.E.N.D.
Global Moderator
Enthusiast

lets put a smile on that face!

Apple User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 05:11:46 am »

guy 1: wheres the cleaning lady?
guy 2: check cell 4...

lmao
lol +1