CAWS "R" Us
April 18, 2024, 10:44:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Samoa Joe On Jumping To WWE

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Samoa Joe On Jumping To WWE  (Read 126 times)
Eddict316
CrU F.R.I.E.N.D.
Global Moderator
Enthusiast

lets put a smile on that face!

Badges: (View All)
Apple User Combination Topic Starter
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:57:20 pm »

The Sun conducted an interview with TNA Champion Samoa Joe this week. Below are some highlights:

Whether TNA waited too long to put the title on him:
I’ve really never been concerned with that. A lot of fans say this title run is long overdue and that they can’t believe TNA haven’t given it to me until now. But, for me, that’s part of the build and anticipation. When things are overdue, and the fans want it bad enough, then that’s the time to make it happen.

On whether TNA's "homegrown" talent can reach the recognition level of Kurt Angle and Sting:
 It’s going to be a slow steady process. The company has hopes of brilliant leaps and bounds in a short space of time, but in reality it takes years to build that fan base and recognition.

Whether he regrets his "shoot promo" at Turning Point where he knocked older wrestlers after Scott Hall no-showed the event:
 It was a tough situation and I admit, at that point in time, I was extremely frustrated. I have never been one to hold my tongue on things, so I just let loose. I went out there and told everyone how I felt. And, honestly, looking back now I regret a few of the things I said and some of the things I don’t. At the same time, I think it needed to get out and for me personally it cleared a lot of things and paved a new road. It’s funny because after it all went down, within in a matter of weeks, me and Kevin Nash reconnected and it worked out well. Everybody realized I was very serious and intent on what was going on. And I think I sent a clear message – at TNA we’re here to build and deliver for the fans and we can’t afford not to.

Would he return to Ring Of Honor for a match?: Never say never. The main stumbling point right now is that my schedule is so full, it would be impossible to clear any time to go back. But TNA and ROH seem to be coming to an agreement and I know there’s talk of sending our guys down there, so you never know. There’s nothing in the works right now, so I don’t want to whet anyone’s appetite, but it’s a possibility.

On whether he has been approached to work for WWE: We’ve had talks. Right now, for where I’m at in my career and the position I’m in, TNA is better for me. As a performer you always want to work with everybody and get a shot at doing everything. But I’m in no real rush. I really enjoy working in TNA. And now I’ve got the belt – it’s time to make a legacy.
Report Spam   Logged

formerOrangeteer

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Nutcase
I don't Know the Meaning of FRIENDS!
Banned
Enthusiast

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 07:52:39 pm »

nice find amigo and a great insightful read into what makes Samoa Joe tick as the man he is.
Report Spam   Logged

I Need Help!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Affliates
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum