CAWS "R" Us
March 28, 2024, 11:34:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Any help please?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any help please?  (Read 681 times)
WhoAmI?
?
Fake Admin
Enthusiast

CAW System: PS2

????????

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: January 19, 2010, 12:25:26 am »

Hey, unfortunately wiz's tut on colouring is gone.. I found this picture, that I want to try and use on a caw I'm doing.

I was never better than knowing the very basics on PS, and I've forgotten most I ever knew Sad

The pic is looking pretty great to try making a modded faceskin in paint tool - neutral face, full on, but what I would like is someone to recolour it, or help guide me to do it myself. The hue/saturation/balance thing isn't working out too well for me. Any help is very welcome. And hopefully sometime i can show results here..

Report Spam   Logged

A secret agent loses his memory after falling from a crashing helicopter. He is then chased by a number of other agency operatives, but he has no idea why.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

CAW System: 360

Nadie aqui tiene Cojones eso incluyen las mujeres!

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 12:50:07 am »

there's a feature on ps for auto color i think...that may help but the pic looks almost sepia tone....got me with that one....
Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:
Get It...Or Lose Your Crusty Pinky Toe!

WhoAmI?
?
Fake Admin
Enthusiast

????????

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 01:02:16 am »

Yeah autocolour didn't help.. Please don't tell me it isn't gonna work Sad it's so difficult to find decent sized, neutral pics of anyone..

I'll look out for tuts myself also anyway. Hey, I don't supppose you have any jcvd films? that you may be able to take a few caps of? front, side.. I'd do it myself honestly but, I don't have a pc dvd player right now long story and, I don't think divx caps'll be good enough. Not to mention last time I tried that a long time ago all I got was a black screen. Just an idea. I don't expect anything  Roll Eyes

I don't know how much this'll interest you Lu but I did find somewhere with a lot of pics of our old friend bolo.. check it out if you like, he's aged damn well considering he's in his 70s -

http://www.bolo-yeung.com/home.html
Report Spam   Logged

A secret agent loses his memory after falling from a crashing helicopter. He is then chased by a number of other agency operatives, but he has no idea why.
TKO18
Administrator
Guru

CAW System: PS3

Fade to Black!

Linux User Nineth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 01:09:11 am »

there's a feature on ps for auto color i think...that may help but the pic looks almost sepia tone....got me with that one....

It is, its kind of half and half. As far as what I know in PS, I dont think that it would help replace it to its original color. I could be wrong though.
Report Spam   Logged

LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 01:25:37 am »

damn i thought it may help...pics arent what they use to be....i have bloodsport i'll throw it in and get some caps....the scene where he meets with masters wife should do for a good front..

chong-li rules!
Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:

WhoAmI?
?
Fake Admin
Enthusiast

????????

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 01:34:03 am »

You're very kind Lu thank you. I think what's happened there is the signed pic has faded in the sun.. I'm looking desperately for tuts on how to vibe it up, I bet it's possible somehow, but not at the moment with my crappy skills  Cry I swear, the lengths you have to go to to make a decent caw, lol I'm not sure why I bother. It seems more like stubborn will than fun. I WILL do this!
Report Spam   Logged

LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 01:58:43 am »

Wizzo can help with the tuts part I am sure he knows...

Hope the hair part ain't needed but here is the best...

With Hair....

Sides are a ****....I scanned quick through the movie but nary one to find...
Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:

WhoAmI?
?
Fake Admin
Enthusiast

????????

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 02:27:59 am »

That second pic is **** hot man, thank you x 1000. Where's the hug emoticon gone lol

I'm bound to be able to do something good with that. The top one's as good as you could take it but the thing is it'd be better with a full face available, I greatly apprecieate you taking the time to help me out there.

I'll have to work something out for myself so I can take caps, they're great quality Lu and so easy up to dragging myself through the net in vain mostly..   It's sorta exciting to think about morphing caws around real faces in future. Should get the tool I need in a couple of days, it's ordered.
Report Spam   Logged

WhoAmI?
?
Fake Admin
Enthusiast

????????

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 03:03:21 am »

Already messing with it Smiley i wont know exactly what I need to do with it until I get to test things out. But having a few testers ready for when I get going is a bonus. lightened and took some shadow/hair off
Report Spam   Logged

WhoAmI?
?
Fake Admin
Enthusiast

????????

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 09:12:16 am »

I'll just post random workstuff here for now until I get the xport. Here's the first thing I'll try on it - 2x256x256's

Thanks again, passed the time Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 10:55:40 am »

Alrighty then...have fun with that lol...does look a bit eeiry without his peepers...
Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:

WhoAmI?
?
Fake Admin
Enthusiast

????????

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 03:54:30 pm »

Hey.. look what I did  Tongue

It's just good that I managed to work this out, I know it looks kinda f***d. Just to have got the hang of adding it is good for today. Now i can start to work on making it fit better, and recolour appropriately.

Think I'll try something simple first tho, like Spiderman or something.

Report Spam   Logged

Old School
The CRU Sheriff
Global Moderator
Regular

"Scoops him up aaaaand..."

Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 10:19:59 pm »

This year you knocked him out of the park Z, I already saw the "regular" version on the other board and if you manage to fix those textures it'll be killer  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

WhoAmI?
?
Fake Admin
Enthusiast

????????

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 11:42:33 pm »

Smiley Thanks. With this guy in particular, the subtle face details are real hard to emulate with just designs. Doesn't help there are no really close looking eyebrows for him, or lips.. 

Considering that's the first ever thing to stick in paint tool, straight over the top of the existing caw, I was happy with the fact that it was anywhere near right  Grin There were troubles along the way.. took about 5 hrs from start to that above just learning what I needed to learn, backing up my whole 360 drive to pc in case I ruined the whole thing doing it, and then picking up pc system files I needed and didn't have.. but now it's all done and I know what the steps are it ought to take more like 30 mins to slap a whole set of custom PT designs in.

Still gotta make decent piccies and think outside the box though!

The eyebrows are gonna need a seperate texture, maybe crunch them in a pic, so that when laid over the brow ridge they don't expand madly as they do now

As I'm writing this, I think... it's definitely gonna have to be done with maybe 4, 5 or 6 low res designs. Break the main skin into 4 and two in the middle for the eyebrows nose and mouth.. Maybe..

So anyway that's an idea what a 256colour, 256x512 pixel faceskin looks like. Try drawing that in paint tool lol       - I did try! - for about 3 months!  Cry     lol

Report Spam   Logged

Old School
The CRU Sheriff
Global Moderator
Regular

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 12:04:57 am »

lol yeah.. I'd have troubles too drawing on the paint tool... The fact that I have little patience would make things even worse Grin

Back on the textures... Yes it's better to split the face texture in multiple parts, not only to avoid distortions but to avoid an excessively pixelated look as well (at least that's what I read on the other board).
Report Spam   Logged

LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 11:20:44 am »

It's a whole new ballgame TZC...very impressive lol...I'm gonna assume that layer will be the closest to the faceskin and then all additional makeups, facepaint will be plastered over that...keep at it man, it sounds like your having mad fun with that... Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:

WhoAmI?
?
Fake Admin
Enthusiast

????????

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 07:44:41 pm »

It just might be easier to start from 3 pics. Than try to 'make up' so much of the sides in PS so I'm travelling with a few dvds to get some screencaps. Thanks for what you did it got me started quick Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 02:38:17 am »

Anytime bruddah... Smiley Have you started a list yet? Add Bolo...
Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:

WhoAmI?
?
Fake Admin
Enthusiast

????????

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 04:46:17 am »

No list. I might try Chong Li again after this. Why not give him someone appropriate to get his ass kicked by eh? You could rewrite history Lu  Grin

This is pretty painful work trying to work out colours, and placement of features. Seems that what looks good in PS doesn't in game.

But there's been a few lessons learned and it's getting slightly better. I made a hybrid pic from the one you gave me Lu, the dvd hunting didn't go all that well really. First I cut him in half vertically, mirrored it, and then added some of the details from the other half in. This way the skin is more symmetrical but not completely so.

I lightened up the skin and made the colour more vibrant but it still is not good enough, all that dark shadin's got to come off!

I will also split this into 6 parts for the base skin because 2 low res per side don't quite reach properly - and then see what that extra resolution does for the eyebrows. If I have to I'll use the other 4 128x128's for 2 seperate eyebrows, the nose, and the mouth.

That's the plan. Luckilly non-wrestlers don't need pt data for attires! or, he wont anyway..

So not much different but it's creeping forward - The skin only covers the whole face right now because I doubled up the top 2 parts underneath to fill the gap, so there's some under eye detail missing atm. The mouth's no longer so crooked though, as a positive.

Looks sorta weird doesn't it? I never thought I'd be seeing JCVD in the game that good, and it is nowhere near done yet! lol

To me, this messing with textures makes it cool again.

Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 10:46:20 am »

Other then the hairline on the pic and skin tone, it looks cool thus far.
Report Spam   Logged

LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 11:16:57 am »

Dude it looks great now aside from the hairline area....I think you've done rwell with the time you've put into it...these things are trial and error so you learn as you go...
Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:

WhoAmI?
?
Fake Admin
Enthusiast

????????

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 02:43:59 pm »

Looks like he's making a pretty odd face though.. lol

The hairline I wasn't bothered with atm, as I was just testing the colour and placement over the features. It isn't as simple as take picture, put picture on- well not for a good result it isn't.

I think I found the basic formula now. A little more details and it's done- and at the moment it's only using 21 layers, lol

So.. No Retreat No Surrender. Watch him go nuts here it's quite funny- Anyone who says this is 'cheating' or easy line 'em up! (terrible movie though)

"http://www.youtube.com/v/csgDXyZYZz8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></

Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 06:25:10 pm »

haha.. Awesome Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

LUCAWSMADE
Administrator
Commander

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 11:58:33 pm »

It ain't cheating...ya know me bruddah...
Report Spam   Logged

Red Dead Redemption:

Old School
The CRU Sheriff
Global Moderator
Regular

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 01:18:49 pm »

Just awesome Smiley