CAWS "R" Us
March 29, 2024, 04:57:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Skyrim Remastered confirmed

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyrim Remastered confirmed  (Read 1641 times)
TKO18
Administrator
Guru

CAW System: PS3

Fade to Black!

Badges: (View All)
Linux User Nineth year Anniversary Mobile User
« on: June 13, 2016, 03:24:28 am »

-edit-
changed vid
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:29:37 am by TKO18 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 03:46:10 pm »

Was just about to post this lmao. Cant wait for this one. Definitely preordering.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: John Marston - Read Dead Redemption
As long as there are guns and money, there won't be no peace.
TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 07:15:05 pm »

According to the box cover it will include all DLC, so that's a plus. Glad i won't have to re-buy all those.
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 08:04:40 pm »

it wouldn't have been a good idea not to release the DLC with this one, especially after the legendary edition got it
Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 02:45:48 pm »

True. Plus Bethesda tends to take care of their fans in that way. Unlike some companies who would rerelease and still make you pay extra.
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 07:01:40 pm »

Elder Scrolls was the first game I ever cared enough to get DLC.
Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 03:11:19 am »

Because it was worth it lol. Being able to build a house and whatnot. I remember it being half price for the longest time because they took so long to get it on ps3 after it came out for 360.

But with this being remastered i guess it will give us something to do and allow them more time to work on ES6. Thats one thing i like about this company is they put the effort in to create something special instead of rushing out a new release every year. ES5 has been out almost 5 years now and it still holds its popularity, and it still has a high replay value.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:13:17 am by TheWarzone1 » Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 07:38:45 am »

I got the GOTY edition of oblivion. The only bad thing about that game was that I couldn't cure vampirism. Had to have the original game to cure it, which sucked. Something glitched up in it, lol. Was a fun game too. That was the very first game I got DLC in.

Skyrim's DLC was worth it as well. Being able to build your own house, (even though they look the same, lol) crafting arrows and all sorts of other stuff. With the addition of mods being added in, its going to make the game that much more sweeter. I will admit that I am going to add in a few clothes and armor mods that dont look out of sync with the style of the game. not a lot of options there. maybe some magic spells or something that makes them a little better at least....

Elder Scrolls is defo one of the better games I've played that I've cared for in getting the DLC. It may end up being the only game series I get DLC for  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 11:47:57 pm »

Oblivion was the first Elder Scrolls game i played. I enjoyed oblivion a lot but Skyrim was a big step up from that. Which is why it takes them so long to release a new one. Im sure ES6 will be a huge step up from Skyrim.

Im ok with certain mods as long as it doesnt change the game to a point wheree its like playing a different game. Otherwise whats the point lol.

I agree as far as dlc, Elder Scrolls is one of the few games ive actually purchased extra content for. In my opinion it was completely worth it. It added to the game in a way that was more than just a few extra quests.
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 12:28:50 am »

agreed with the mods. dont want to add anything game breaking as you said where's its a different game. More clothes are armor would have been a welcome in the default game, though I read somewhere they combined them, and had fewer options because they wanted more npcs on the screen, to make it more life like.

Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 02:26:30 am »

Yeah perhaps we will get more with this and they can add more clothes/armor mods in later. That would be a nice addition.

The few screenshots that ive seen look amazing though. Very detailed.

Honestly i was kinda hoping we would get this remastered anyway even though people said it would never happen i know skyrim was originally planned for ps4 when they were creating it.
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 09:35:01 pm »

from whats came out at e3, its supposed to support pc mods, but we wont be able to confirm that until release day. Different color variants of clothes would be a welcome though. I've always preferred mage robes for my archer to give it an archery look, but have always wanted more colors for them. 

As far as the only images that have been released, it is very detailed as you said. looks more polished, and all around very well made looking. the thing about it though is that most of those enemies are going to blend in with the snow since its foggy looking, Tongue

As of now, which I kinda would like to know is if anything bug/glitch wise will/has been fixed, or if they are leaving that up to the modders. I know one of the dlc's made wolves not howl anymore, and those little orb things to get into blackreach are not consumed on use. 
Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 11:46:18 am »

Pete Hines, vice president of public relations and marketing at Bethesda, confirmed with Bethesda game director Todd Howard saves from the original edition of Skyrim will be supported in the special edition. He also reported the remastered edition will run on a 64-bit engine on PC, and that there will be a "separate creation kit" for uploading mods.

Console save files will not be available, Hines said.

Bethesda announced the long-awaited Skyrim remaster during the developer's E3 press conference earlier this week. Skyrim Special Edition will be available for free for players who own all Skyrim DLC content on PC, as well as for those who own the Legendary Edition on Steam.
Howard also spoke about the Skyrim's successor, The Elder Scrolls VI, and how the game is still "a very long way off." Bethesda is working three new projects—one of which is Elder Scrolls VI—but said none of them are going to rushed out. The studio has a "pretty good idea" of what they want the game to be, and it expects to use technology that Bethesda doesn't "necessarily have right now."
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 10:37:53 pm »

hope all the current mods still work  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 03:45:30 am »

Yeah should be interesting to see what happens. Sucks console saves don't transfer but oh well. This is one game i dont mind starting fresh lol.
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 09:41:11 pm »

didnt think console saves were possible anyway. Doesnt effect me though, I lost my skyrim guys some time back after I plat it.
Been kinda wanting to get back into skyrim, but figured I would wait to see what happened with this series at e3, and to go plat some other games I havent played in awhile, till i get my ps4  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 09:50:51 pm »

I've seen console saves tranfer with games like Diablo 3 from ps3 to ps4 so i know its possible in some way, i guess its just if they want to put in the extra effort to code it lol. But like i said this is one game i wouldnt mind starting fresh. I had my wizard from day one so theres a few things id like to do different that i couldnt originally do before certain updates. Before we had the option to reset skill trees you basically got around level 50 and got stuck building up skills you didn't even want just to level more.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 09:53:59 pm by TheWarzone1 » Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 01:51:26 am »

ah, haven't heard about that.
I agree with you though. I dont mind restarting this game. I've done it quite a bit myself before I got the dlc, and even some after. its one of those games I dont get tired of playing  Tongue

its going to be fun to explorer all over skyrim again to see all the new effects and stuff
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:54:00 am by TKO18 » Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 01:53:10 pm »

Skyrim Remaster Aiming to Be ‘Next-Gen’ Experience
IGN attempted to get Pete Hines, Bethesda’s vice president of PR and marketing, to spill the beans in an interview at E3 that was published today. Hines didn’t go into too much detail but he did say that the team is aiming to create a true “next-gen” experience with Skyrim: Special Edition.

“In all the ways possible, we’re trying to improve it and make it as next gen and appropriate for these consoles,” Hines said. “So performance or effects or whatever we can do to make the game look and feel better, we’re gonna give it a go.”

The fact that Hines said “performance” may imply that Skyrim could see better animations or a better framerate on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One than on their predecessors. That’s not terribly surprising but given all of the graphical advancements that are coming, it’s nice to hear that the overall performance and playability of the game is still a priority.

It will be interesting to see where the final Bethesda visuals on consoles end up when compared to some of the mods available on PC. Projects like Beyond Skyrim  provided PC gamers with better graphics than Bethesda’s a long time ago and more improvements are on the way. It’s also not clear yet what the selection of mods available for the game on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be, but it’s likely there will be additional limitations when compared to PC.
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 01:27:41 am »

I expected mods being limited. A lot of them will require a lot of data that the game may not be able to support. But as stated earlier, I'm not looking into anything major. Am going to keep it basic with some color options for clothes and maybe a few other minor things.

As far as the game in general goes. It is nice to see them trying to create a true feel for next gen.  This game is going to feel kinda weird playing again, but mainly due in part to all the upgrades, visuals, and everything else that they haven't released news on
Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 01:24:07 pm »

Yeah graphics wise it already felt next gen when it was released on the PS3 in my opinion. So I'm excited to see what they can do with the PS4. As i said earlier it was originally planned for the PS4 so I'm sure it's going to look great.
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 09:54:46 pm »

so it was going to be a ps3 & ps4 release? dont think the ps3 graphics would have looked too good on ps4 Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 11:12:17 pm »

No it wasnt supposed to come out for ps3. It was planned to be released on ps4 when they first started creating it. Im glad it made it to ps3 though or we may not have got the chance to play it until now lol.
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 06:43:26 am »

I'm glad it came out for ps3 too. Just thought that they were looking at releasing those graphics on the ps4. That would have been weird looking, lol.   Everything is going to look so odd again though, I wont be able to kill anything. Ill have to run around and look at all the nice trees, and everything else that's new in this game. Heard some new tree's were planted in riverwood, or at least thats what someone picked up on by the images  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 06:51:20 pm »

Yeah it's possible there may have been a few trees or things added that couldn't be done on PS3 because of performance issues. I remember when i first started this game i would head to one of the giant camps just north of Whiterun and try to shoot arrows at them while running for my life, lol. At that low of a level it only took one good hit from them to send you flying through the air. Poor Lydia had been demolished by them quite a few times. Although recently I've used Serana as my follower. Letting her run around casting magic and complaining about the weather  Grin

Speaking of that I'm sure the detail in the character will be improved as well. Will be interesting to see how it looks to be a vampire/Werewolf.
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 01:03:41 am »

I never messed with giants at low levels. When I did go mess with them, they always nailed my follower... I wasn't that stupid Tongue and boy, did they nail 'em. I'll admit, I've been launched a few times, feel sorry for who ever has to clean that spot up though. Its not going to look pretty when I smack the ground, lol.

As far as followers go though, my personal fav is Cicero. That guy will crack you up.
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 03:05:20 am »

here's a new video showcasing some more of the graphic differences.

Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 02:42:35 pm »

I want to get this once i get caught up in everything.
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 01:29:26 am »

Agreed. Was browsing their site where the mods are held, and they already have a few PC mods converted over that I didn't think we were going to get
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/view-all?platform=PS4
Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2016, 02:30:06 pm »

Tv trailer for remastered version
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Affliates
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum