CAWS "R" Us
March 28, 2024, 04:34:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Neverwinter

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neverwinter  (Read 231 times)
TKO18
Administrator
Guru

CAW System: PS3

Fade to Black!

Badges: (View All)
Linux User Nineth year Anniversary Mobile User
« on: January 10, 2018, 07:45:57 am »

Figured I'd start up a topic since they seemed to have changed up quite a bit with the update that went down earlier today - Swords of Chult.

The main one that bugs me a little bit is the new bag layout, listing all bags on the one screen now instead of the old look. hopefully an option will be added, kind of annoying atm

Found this as well (from the dev), seems it was changed also

Enchantment/Runestone drops

Regular enchantments and runestones (ones that aren't part of campaigns or events) will no longer drop in normal play. Instead rank 1s of these items can be bought in Protector's Enclave. Due to not needing the matching bonuses anymore and (as will be mentioned a bit more further down this post) we got rid of the requirement on ranks of requiring a second enchantment/runestone to upgrade, it is more straight forward to just get gemstones, which are purely for RP, in loot vs enchantments and runestones that you are just going to convert into RP anyways.

This also works towards wanting to make the system easier for new players to interact with. Instead of waiting for random drops and trying to figure out which to keep/break down, new players can see all of the regular tier 1s, make their choice, and level it up with the RP they acquire while playing. To go along with this, Tier 1 enchantments have a 100% success rate to become Tier 2, further easing the learning curve of Refinement.

*note: Runestones can be bought in Sage Shop in Protectors Enclave

lot more info on changes here - http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/10766204

edit: more info on the runestones and refinement stuff - https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1234031/official-feedback-thread-refining-refinement/p1
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:12:12 am by TKO18 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 01:29:42 am »

just want to note, I got a free chult pack from the rewards vendor in protectors enclave with some higher lvl gems and other stuff. its under the promo tab
Report Spam   Logged

TheWarzone1
Administrator
Guru

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 01:43:38 pm »

Ill have to check it out. I havent played in about a week. Im assuming the update was to get rid of the winter festival stuff and prepare for the next event. I havent seen anything on the updates yet so ill have to check it out
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: John Marston - Read Dead Redemption
As long as there are guns and money, there won't be no peace.
TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 11:54:16 pm »

they removed the winter festival with in a few hours after it ended. this one added the swords of chult content.
the link to all the changes are up in the main post. the only thing I dont like anymore is the new bag layout system, listing all bags on one scrolling grid screen. its annoying as hell to try and put good stuff on the last bag for later use. you can edit the way it works, removing the bag names, etc in the options, but then you get an inventory full bug and cant move items around, read that they are looking into it, so hopefully a way to return to the old look comes Tongue

edit:
just read this from a dev on the main forums -

We've made several changes/fixes to the inventory UI in response to the player feedback on consoles. These should go out with the next update (hopefully on the next couple weeks, but I'm not in charge of the schedule on that).
1. When you press LT/RT to skip between bags, the top row of the bag will be scrolled to the top of the view, so you'll get a better view of its contents when skipping though your bags. Same for the pop-up item picker.
2. You can now move items from your bags that aren't the first bag. It was a bug, never our intention.
3. Pressing down from the right-most column of the overflow or main inventory bag won't skip down to the footer button. Also a bug that want intentional.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:08:55 am by TKO18 » Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 12:29:59 am »

got my ranger up to lv 65, it still feels kind of weak in certain areas. still trying to buff it up with the boons and other odd and end stuff to get stronger.

I ended up putting in $5 to get some character slots, so I wouldnt have to drop my warlock. Ended up starting a control wizard, while weak at early levels, around 35 I started getting in stride. got one skill that adds 5 stacks of chill on targets within 15' of me, one short of frozen. so I end up nailing off some conduit of ice, followed by icy terrain, and bam, froze, lol. only thing that can really put a hurting on me is boss, some cant be frozen. So I tend to run around with shield atm to help keep some damage off. the wayward wizard is a good companion for it too. stuff just melts low end crap mobs. bosses dont put up much either if they can be frozen. actually feels like cheating a bit  Tongue but its fun.... got that one up to 52 i think it is atm.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:33:19 am by TKO18 » Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 08:00:54 am »

went back over my skill set on my ranger, looking to change up a little bit for some damage. Ended up finding a cool little heal over time spell. Its binding arrow (ranged) the melee version of this skill (oak skin) buffs your defense, and gives you a heal over time. it unlocks at lv 45. never really messed around too much with traps/root skills, or trapper set for that matter, but this is a cool little spell that helps you out a bit in case you need some extra healing between battles, besides potions anyway  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

TKO18
Administrator
Guru

Fade to Black!

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 11:44:50 pm »

new update. 125mb

-----

Release Notes

Content and Environment

General

Spellplague Caverns: Loadouts should be swappable at all the campfires.  For real this time.
    Tomb of the Nine Gods should now have slightly better performance.

Items and Economy

General

Chultan Merchant Shirt and Pants no longer have flavor text that pertains to Roy or Sandy.
    Illusions summoned by the Mirage weapon set no longer cause the character to continuously attack after leaving combat.
    Items with charges no longer incorrectly consume two charges per use.
    Rare (blue) quality equipment that is not salvageable for Astral Diamonds can now be converted to Refinement Points.
    Various typos have been addressed.
    The Glorious Resurgence Lockbox no longer incorrectly states that it has packs from Merchant Prince Lockbox, and instead says Lockbox of the Lost.
        Note: This change has not yet been localized.

Zen Market

Blood Ruby ads in the Home screen no longer show their old Refinement Point values.

User Interface

Chat

Lockbox messages are now localized to the receiving player's chosen language, and now include item links.

Cinematics

Pre-rendered videos once again properly play.

Guild

Renaming a guild rank to "Alliance" no longer appears to remove all the permissions for that rank.

Inventory

Navigating down from the right side of the main or overflow bags no longer skips ahead to the Options button.
    New inventory sorting options have been added from the Inventory options button.
    Players can now move, split, and swap items that are not in their main inventory bag when using the "one big bag" view.
    Riches: Players can now navigate to the "Refinement Points" item.
    Secondary Artifacts, when viewed through the Artifact Inspect window, now properly show their sigils.
    When using button shortcuts to change between bags, the bag header is now at the top of the scroll view.

Main Menu

The instance change timer no longer tends to appear with 30+ minutes remaining.

Refinement

Players can no longer get into a state where they can spend more Refinement Points than required on an artifact when upgrading it to a new quality.

Vendors

When browsing a remote store (e.g. Trade Bar or Wondrous Bazaar), the Equipment Preview screen now displays properly.
    When trying to move inventory items immediately after buying a stackable item, the old value from the store no longer incorrectly shows up.

Performance and Stability

General

A crash in the audio system has been addressed.
    Minor performance issues were found and fixed in the Home Page UI.
    Player characters that fulfill certain criteria are no longer as likely to stall out a map on login.
    Several minor backend stability issues have been addressed.  There likely won't be a significant player-facing change.

Localization

General

Various fixes and updates have been made to Swords of Chult localization for French, German, Italian, and Russian.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/10800594
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Affliates
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum